The Art Center has been closed this winter for construction of our new HVAC system. Our expected opening was planned for mid April with our Both Ends of the Rainbow exhibit. In compliance with the public health recommendations and mandates, as well as school closings, we are cancelling this year’s Both Ends of the Rainbow exhibit. We are also postponing or cancelling programs and classes through May 1. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make any additional changes needed as things develop in the coming weeks.
Our staff is working from home for the time being. The best way to communicate with us is through email, but you can still call, and we will be able to retrieve phone messages. We will still be accepting registrations for future programs such as summer art camp, Studio Schweinfurth Workshops, QBL, and other adult classes. Please be reassured, if any future programs are cancelled you will receive a full refund.
We are moving forward with our Made in NY exhibit and our May Studio Schweinfurth workshops: Mixed Media Encaustic May 1-3 and the Spring Fiber Retreat May 22-24. We are also proceeding with our Quilting by the Lake program in July. However, we will be carefully considering the situation in the coming weeks and we will make any changes necessary. The health and safety of our participants, visitors, artists, and staff are our top priority. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
During this period of social isolation we expect to see creativity flourishing. We hope you stay busy and safe making art and we encourage you to share it on social media!
– Thursdays, March 26- April 30: Figure drawing (To be rescheduled)
– Tuesdays, March 3- April: Watercolor (to be rescheduled)
– Wednesdays, Feb. 5- March 18: Art After School
– Tuesdays, through end of March: Film Series with Auburn Public Theater
– Mon. – Fri. April 6 – 10: Spring Art Camp
– Sunday, April 19 – May 24: Both Ends of the Rainbow exhibit and reception.
– Thursday, April 23: Senior Reception for Both Ends of the Rainbow
– April 3 and May 1: First Fridays
Our staff may be working remotely please email any questions or concerns that you have:
– General questions/Membership: email@example.com
– Quilting by the Lake: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Adults classes/Studio Schweinfurth: email@example.com
– Youth Classes: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Marketing: email@example.com
We are still accepting registrations for our summer and fall programs such as Summer Art Camp, Studio Schweinfurth, and Quilting by the Lake.