West End Arts Campus
A project of Auburn’s Downtown Revitalization Initiative
Architect: Bero Architecture, Rochester, NY
Landscape Architect: EDR, Syracuse, NY
Schweinfurth Budget: $3.125M
Construction in 2024
The project is a collaborative venture with our neighbor the Cayuga Museum of History and Art to create a unified site plan for both properties that will improve overall accessibility and lead to more collaborative programs and events, increased community engagement and an increase in cultural tourism. The Schweinfurth portion of the project has been awarded $1.383M from New York State.
What is the West End Arts Campus?
It is a place where families, visitors, seniors, neighbors, artists, students, and the community come to connect with others and engage in the arts. It is one campus where all people can experience visual and performing arts, history and culture in a dynamic, ever-changing assortment of exhibits, performances, events and classes. It is a place where people connect through the arts.
Features of the Schweinfurth plans
New Entrance from Parking Lot
• No longer need to walk up driveway from parking lot
• Parents can drop off & pickup students from parking lot
• Updated, larger elevator can accommodate more people
• Larger elevator means we can take larger artwork, increasing possibilities for exhibitions
Expanded Walkway at Rear of Building
• Space for outdoor classes
• Staging area for outdoor events
• Improved access between Carriage House and Art Center
Expanded Front Entrance Plaza
• Outdoor space for programs, receptions, and openings
• Public gathering space for visitors and neighbors
• Improved curb appeal
• Walkway connecting to Cayuga Museum
PLEASE JOIN US AND CONSIDER A CONTRIBUTION TODAY!
For more information and ways of giving, contact Executive Director Donna Lamb.