Administrative Coordinator (FT)
The Administrative Coordinator is critical to overall operations and a key member of our team. They regularly interact with our members, donors, visitors and staff. Responsibilities fall within the areas of office management, membership, sales, program registration, and customer service. See specific responsibilities listed below.
The job is full time, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays with some exceptions. Reports to Executive Director.
• Process sales, cash receipts, credit cards, invoices for outside bookkeeper
• Report hours to payroll company, maintain employee time sheets, vacation hours
• Purchase and maintain office supplies & equipment
• Implement mail merges, bulk mailings, and handle shipping
• Data entry and maintain data base including membership, donors, and mailing lists
• Keep attendance records and prepare monthly reports
• Process class registrations, event tickets
• Provide administrative support
• Gift shop (purchasing, inventory, sales)
• Open/close the facility
Customer Service (phone, online and in-person)
• Primary person to greet & interact with visitors
• Answer phones, respond to inquiries
• Retail sales
• Process memberships, donations, class registrations, ticket sales
• Coordinate membership appeals, renewals, maintain membership database and mailing lists
• Process and record charitable contributions
• Maintain donor and member databases
• Coordinate Volunteers including recruiting, scheduling and recognition
• Generate reports
• Coordinate member/donor/volunteer events
• Assist with exhibit installations and provide administrative support for programs
• Positive, proactive attitude
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills
• Tech savvy
• Resourceful, self-starting
• Ability to multi-task
• Minimum of bachelor's degree plus 2 years experience as office manager or administrative assistant in a professional setting. Non-profit arts experience preferred.
• High level of proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications including MS Word, Excel, Access. Knowledge of donor based software desired.
• Retail and customer service experience
• Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess valid NYS driver's license and vehicle
• 3 Professional References required.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule for special events and programs.
Employees serve at the will of the Schweinfurth Art Center.
Salary: $35,000 annually
Position open until filled. Email resume and three work references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/D/V/M/F/SO. No phone calls please.