We are dedicated to providing the safest possible environment for our students, faculty, and staff at Quilting by the Lake (QBL). To that end, the following Covid Policy has been adopted by QBL in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Please review the following materials as you will be required to acknowledge your compliance with this policy in order to complete registration and attend QBL.
This policy and all others related to COVID-19 are subject to change and further amendment based on updated recommendations and pandemic effects.
Our policy elements are as follows:
Negative Rapid COVID Test Upon Arrival
All QBL attendees must take a rapid COVID test and test negative upon arrival at Wells College. This is a Wells Campus policy and must be completed in order to attend QBL.
Rapid tests will be provided by the college. All participants will take a test at registration.
Mask Strongly Recommended
In order to attend you must agree to wear a mask if asked.
At the moment our mask policy is strongly recommended but not required. In the event of an outbreak or exposure, QBL reserves the right to change our policy AT ANY TIME. In the event of a policy change, participants must agree to wear at mask at QBL if required.
If you are not willing to wear a mask if asked, do not attend QBL.
N95 and KN95 masks are strongly encouraged. All masks must fit properly over the mouth and nose and have 2 or more layers. Bandanas, scarves, neck gaiters, and face shields are not recommended.
Additionally, the CDC recommend masks that:
- Completely cover the mouth and nose
- Fit snuggly against the sides of your face and doesn't have gaps
- Have a nose wire to help with fitting
General Safety Rules
We expect that everyone will use best efforts to comply with the following safety guidelines:
- Hand Washing: frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after using the restroom, eating/drinking, blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Contact: avoid physical contact with others, including hand shaking or other greetings requiring physical contact.
- Sharing: supplies, tools, and equipment, such as headphones, PPE, writing utensils, tools, etc. should not be shared, when at all possible.
- Self-Assessment: monitor your health closely. If you are feeling ill or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., fever, chills, cough, muscle pain, fatigue, loss of taste/smell, sore throat, or shortness of breath), stay isolated and communicate your situation with QBL staff. If you or anyone in your household experiences these symptoms, we ask that you do not come to QBL.
- Medical Advice: follow advice of medical professionals and/or contact tracers if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19. If you have been exposed or test positive prior to your arrival at QBL, please stay home.
We must note that while our policy may reduce known risk factors, any interaction with the general public, especially large groups, will incurr an inherent risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19.
QBL highly recommends purchasing travel insurance for your trip.
Governing Rules and Enforcement:
This Policy may be amended at any time in the sole discretion of Quilting by the Lake. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify everyone of changes prior to their effective date. In the event federal, state, or local laws or college rules become more restrictive with respect to any component of this Policy, federal, state, or local law shall control. All guests who fail to comply with this Policy may be asked to leave and students may not receive a refund of fees paid.