Marketing Director - Updated 12/21/17
Start in February 2018.
Applications due January 15, 2018.
Reports to the Executive Director. Responsible for marketing programs to increase audiences, attendance and enrollment for the Schweinfurth Art Center and its programs. The Marketing Director will work collaboratively with the staff, board, and community partners to promote the Art Center, Auburn and region as a cultural destination. $43,000 annual salary.
- Develop an annual marketing plan including community engagement initiatives, social media, public relations, website, advertising, special events, membership and fund appeals
- Create and execute institutional marketing strategies including:
- Copy writing, press releases
- Securing and cultivating local, regional and national media coverage
- Serving as spokesperson for TV appearances, radio or press interviews and other media
- Working with outside vendors including advertising representatives, graphic designers, printers
- Coordinating production of collateral including rack cards, signage, ads, appeals, invitations
- Oversight of website
- Implementing email blasts and social media posts and ads
- Ensuring consistency of brand and messaging for all marketing and communications
- Investigating potential program partnerships and strategic alliances that will increase community engagement
- Implement annual fund appeal and membership campaigns
- Solicit media and program sponsorships
- Participate in grant writing and reporting
- Collect and maintain data for use in developing marketing strategy, tracking results and generating reports
- Oversee production of Annual Report
- Represent the Art Center at local and regional meetings related to cultural tourism
Must have three to five years’ experience in a related position
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in communications, marketing or related field.
- Must have experience in planning and conducting marketing campaigns for events and increasing institutional visibility
- Prior experience working in arts marketing preferred
- Must have excellent, demonstrated written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills (including editing ability), and must be able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be proficient managing databases (Excel required, Access & Giftworks or similar donor based software preferred)
- Must have experience managing website and social media
- Knowledge of arts and culture press resources, arts audience trends, and arts marketing resources
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively is required. Must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high level of creativity and self-direction
Email resume, cover letter, and 3 recent writing samples (press release, article, newsletter, brochure copy etc.) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls please.
The Schweinfurth Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.